18-month-old found dead in Prince George home, 2-month-old hospitalized | News
PRINCE GEORGE COUNTY, VA (WWBT)- An 18-month-old was found dead by police in Prince George Sunday evening.
Officers say they rushed to a home on the 4600 block of Baileys Ridge Lane, in the Bailey's Ridge Apartment Complex just before 6 p.m.
Crews performed CPR on the boy, but he was pronounced dead on the scene.
The child's sister, a two-month old girl, was also showing symptoms of illness according to police. She was rushed to intensive care at VCU Medical Center.
Police say the mother of the children is being interviewed.
The Jefferson Park Fire Department tested for carbon monoxide, but did not find any signs of the poisonous gas in the apartment complex.
A neighbor knows the family and says the child was sweet, but quiet. She also says the mother is a good person.
"She's a young Mom," said Kenyata Tyler. "She's doing the best she can. She's a good person. She has a good heart. And I don't know what happens, but anybody that loses a child automatically gets my compassion."
Copyright 2013 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Tri Cities
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Chesterfield mother charged with DWI, child neglect
- Chesterfield mom asks for road improvements on anniversary of son's death
- UPDATE: Pharmaceutical company on Midlothian Turnpike raided by Federal agents
- Chase ends with truck slamming into Chesterfield police cruiser
- Colonial Heights woman in court for ex-husband's beating death